Sometimes you may need to reinstall TalkType. When this happens, we'll need to reset the license key you used to activate the software.
For security reasons, license keys can only be used once. This is to stop a license key from being reused by different people. If you have recently changed computers and/or you’re trying to reinstall TalkType then you’ll need to contact us to reset the key so that it can be used again.
- The serial number for your Mac. You can find this by clicking on the apple logo in the top left hand side of your screen, and then selecting "About This Mac". The serial number should be displayed in a window like this:
If you have a new Mac, then please confirm the serial numbers for both the old and new Macs, if possible.
- Your first name and your surname
- Your official work or university email address. We will need to verify this email address for confirmation of the reset
- Your 16 digit TalkType License Key (Usually displayed in this format: 'XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX')
- How the software was installed on your Mac. This is important as we need to confirm the reason for the reset. If you were provided with a TalkType license through the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) or Access to Work (ATW), there are 3 ways it was installed on your Mac:
1) Your Assistive Technology Service Provider (ATSP) installed the software onto your Mac for you.
2) Your trainer may have helped you install the software. In this case, you’ll have entered your license key with your trainer and installed the software together.
3) You may have been provided with the license key and a download link for the software, and you installed the software yourself.
Once we receive this information we can typically reset the license key within 1-2 working hours, and we'll send you a confirmation email once it's been completed.
If you have any questions or concerns about this, please contact us at [email protected]