Sometimes you may need to reinstall TalkType and this may require your license key to be reset. When resetting a license key, we require you to provide us with certain information for security reasons and to prevent fraud. This article explains the process you'll need to follow.
When you're provided with a license for TalkType through the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) or Access to Work (ATW) there are three scenarios regarding how the software is installed on your Mac:
- Your Assistive Technology Service Provider (ATSP) may install the software onto your Mac for you. In this case, they will have used the license key to install the software and it will then not be able to be used again.
- Your trainer may help you install the software. In this case, you'll enter your license key with your trainer when installing the software together. This will activate the software and you can then use talkType. The license key won't then be able to be used again.
- You may be provided with the license key and a download link for the software. In this case, please download the software and follow the steps to install it on your Mac.
For Security reasons, license keys can only be used once. This is to stop a license key from being reused by lots of different people. If you have recently changed machines and are trying to reinstall TalkType you will require a License Key Reset. When requesting a reset we need to know the following information:
- The Serial Number for your MAC
Click in the Apple icon in the top left-hand corner of your screen. Then select "About this Mac". Your serial number is shown on this screen.
- Your first name and your surname
- Your work or university email address. We will need to verify this email address for confirmation of the reset
- Your 16 digit License Key which will be in this format 'XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX'
- How the software was installed in your Mac and whether you, your training or your ATSP has used this license key before. This is very important as we need to confirm the reason for the reset
- We also require that an email is sent to us from the end user's work or university email address to complete verification
Please send this information to [email protected]
Once we receive this information typically license keys will be reset within 1-2 working hours and we will email you to confirm that this has happened.
If you have any questions please contact us at [email protected]