If your TalkType software isn't detecting audio and you are looking for support then this article is for you!
So you've got your license to TalkType, you've downloaded the software, gone through the installation process, opened up the application but when you speak it is not dictating sound. Please follow the steps outlined below to resolve the issue:
Speech Recognition Settings
The first port of call is to check whether speech recognition is enabled on your computer.
- Open System Preferences
- Click Security and Privacy
- Scroll down to speech recognition and ensure that the box next to TalkType is ticked
Ensure you are in the same section of your computer settings (system preferences- keyboard- dictation)
- Ensure below the microphone button the correct microphone you wish to use is selected
- Ensure that as you speak the 'microphone icon' moves to indicate sound detected
- If you find that as you speak the 'microphone icon' doesn't animate to indicate sound being detected, then this suggests a fault with the microphone or the computer's ability to detect sound
- We'd recommend initially toggling 'off' and then back 'on' the dictation button.
- Failing this we'd recommend trying an alternate microphone or contacting Apple Support.
If you have any questions please contact us at [email protected]