You don’t need a headset for TalkType, using the built-in mic can provide quality, accurate sound. However, a headset can help reduce background noise.
If you do decide to opt to purchase a headset, here are our recommendations…
- Wired headsets are usually the best in terms of accuracy because wireless headsets can sometimes drop out
- A USBC wired headset would be best because newer Macs only come with USBC inputs (not USB)
- You can still use USB headsets but you will require a USB to USBC dongle which is an added cost
Regular Market headsets:
- Plantronics Blackwire 5220 USB-C PC Headset With 3.5mm Or any Plantronics USBC headset mics
DSA Market headsets:
- Andrea NC181 USB C (mono)
- Andrea NC185 USB C (stereo)
Do I get a headset automatically with the DSA?
You won't get a headset automatically with the DSA but your assessor may have put one on your needs assessment report. Have you already received your equipment? If so, have a look at your equipment list if there is a headset on there you will need to go back to the reseller.
If you haven't received your equipment list yet it will depend on whether a headset is recommended to you.
If you have any questions please contact us at [email protected]